Check out my theater now:
|Wing Stage Left|
|Behind the Cyc|
|Wing Stage Right (which is also the shop, such as it is)|
It was with even greater amazement that I found this after work:
|Look! I'm walking out to my car and it's still daytime!|
I'm also looking forward to other treats this non-after-school-activity-laden week:
- Getting my hair cut tomorrow
- Wrapping up state testing
- No school on Friday (the kick-off to Spring Break)
- Hopefully spending some time with Rachel and co.
- Reading! Reading! Reading! (Oh, I've missed you! It's been two weeks since I've read a book! Do you know how long that is in Amanda-years?)
- and, just because I can, I bought myself a symphony ticket for this Friday night.
The Colorado Symphony is doing a special event where they... well, here, I'll let them tell you:
Beethoven’s masterpiece is deconstructed in front of your eyes with stunning visuals, musical sound bytes and clever anecdotes, including revealing information about the composer’s relationship with Napoleon, to whom the symphony was originally dedicated. Heroism and an idealized vision of redemption through love permeate the great master’s work. Then hear the entire “Eroica” with a renewed understanding and appreciation for the art that was and will always be Beethoven.
Sounds like fun, doesn't it? I've curious to see how they educate a large audience about this work, and I'm looking forward to hearing it. I've lived in Denver for almost 4 years (this time around), and I haven't been to the symphony yet. Shame on me!
Happily, I now have time to remedy that.
Wait, how can you be done striking if none of the ceilings are yellow?ReplyDelete