Sunday, February 05, 2012

Quiet Productiveness

The snow day could not have happened at a better time - it came at the end of a very difficult week (and so was very much welcomed) on a Teacher Inservice Day (so no lesson plans/musical rehearsals/class plays/speech practices were affected). Denver apparently broke its record by getting 12.5 inches of snow in 24 hours. It fell steadily and thickly all day Friday, but they were quick about clearing the roads and driving up to Rachel's last night was fine.

At the end of my surprisingly-long weekend, I am pleased with what I accomplished. I did my taxes and other banking, wrote an application essay, made flight and hotel reservations for spring break, did some housekeeping, baked muffins, and baby-sat Jack. I don't feel ready for school yet; it was too nice to have a normal sleep schedule and time to get things done. But I feel like I had the chance to catch my breath before diving back in.

No comments:

Post a Comment