Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Stubborn

I woke up this morning feeling worse than before, but I was downright determined to go to work today.  Unable to fight with white blood cells and/or antibodies, I have decided to fight this cold through sheer willpower alone. 

Yes, my stubbornness Pioneer Spirit is in abundance!  My symptoms may be getting worse, my ability to keep the children from beating each other with large plastic fish may be deteriorating, my infectious levels may be rising at alarming rates; but by golly I will not lose another day to this illness.  No cold should keep me feeling this miserable for four days in a row without signs of my assured and inevitable victory.  I refuse to believe it.  I am strong!  I am invincible!  I am going to bed now!

(climbs up the stairs in white nightgown appropriate for both Pioneer Women and Gothic Heroines, singing)
"'Tis better far for us to strive
Our useless cares from us to drive-
(grabs bannister in a fit of coughing)
All is wellAll is well."

No comments:

Post a Comment