Thursday, February 02, 2012

Oh, Come On!

I was just looking at the weather report, noting that they have increased the forecasted snow for Mountain Town:


Just as I clicked off that page, my phone rang.

"Yes!" I thought. "Snow day!"

I looked at the screen, which identified the caller as Mountain Town High School.

"Yes!!" I said. "Snow day!!"

The automatic-calling system clicked on after I picked up: "This is an automatic message from [Mountain Town] School District. We are notifying all staff that the phone system in the district has been compromised. Outgoing calls are not possible at this time. We are working to resolve the problem, but it is not likely to be resolved before the Teacher Inservice Day tomorrow. Please be aware that you may not be able to accomplish the tasks you are assigned to do tomorrow."

"Oh, come on!" I exclaimed.

No comments:

Post a Comment